Remember Play? We do!
At Bayside Early Learners your child’s happiness and early development is our top priority. We believe in providing the rich and organic environments in which your child will flourish, be happy and reach their own potential.
We are a 72 place Long Day Care service that operates for 50 weeks of the year, our operating hours are 6.30am – 6.30pm. We accept enrolments from children aged 6 weeks – 5 years.
“Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury – play is a necessity.”
– Kay Redfield Jamison
Bayside Early Learners is owned and operated by a local family; we pride ourselves on offering a ‘home like’ family environment. Des and Rita alongside their daughters Kirsty & Renae, have owned and managed the centre since May 2011, combined they have over 30 years experience in the early childhood industry. You can be assured your children are in very capable hands.
The Learning Environment:
Bayside Early Learners are proud to say we have the biggest and best playground in Hervey Bay, with lots of outdoor equipment and a learning environment to keep your child entertained, engaged, and wanting to come back each day. There are many wonderful learning opportunities that your child will be offered, as well as beautiful friendships to be made with both their peers and educators. At Bayside Early Learners we like to think of ourselves as one big family; a family where everyone is welcome, valued and respected.
There are lots of centre events held throughout the year that provide the perfect opportunity for families to mingle with each other in a relaxed environment. Throughout the year the children are treated to shows and performances from visiting musicians, Henny Penny Hatchlings, story telling, emergency services, as well as multi-cultural performances. Older children are involved in community excursions such as the recycling centre, Fraser Coast Library and local plant nurseries. We have children from many walks of life and encourage children to embrace it through sharing their own culture too.
Bayside Early Learners are the proud winners of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Illuminated Light Parade for Hervey Bay’s annual Whale Festival. We enjoy involving families in community events such as this as they are always lots of fun. We also assist charities through events such as Daffodil Day, Red Nose Day and Crazy Hair Day. All proceeds from our annual christmas raffle are donated to local charities that have so far included Hervey Bay Hospital Children’s Ward, Hervey Bay Riding for the Disabled, Harmony House, Yoorana Women’s Domestic Violence Resource Service and The Leukaemia Foundation.
Don’t take our word for it… Come see for yourself!
If you and your child would like to become part of the Bayside Early Learners family, we would love to meet you soon! Tanya and her team of professional educators are proud to show you around. We understand that every family’s needs are unique when it comes to the early years. We encourage families to come and see for themselves!
Choosing a child care facility for your child can be a very confusing and daunting experience. With many long day care services in the local area, you might be wondering what makes Bayside Early Learners better than the rest? Let us tell you…
- Bayside Early Learners is owned by a well-known and respected local family, the Richters family. They pride themselves on being actively involved in the centre, with Des and Rita both being a familiar face around the centre. The centre is managed by their daughter Kirsty who commenced her career in early childhood 20 years ago, and their second daughter Renae who oversees the progress of our educators in relation to programming and professional development.
- We provide an affordable child care facility with one of the lowest fee structures in Hervey Bay, just ring us for a quote to compare!
- Our educators are genuinely interested in providing high quality care and education for your child.
- Children have access to a chicken coop, vegie patch, digging patch and worm farm! Our Environments feature natural elements that allow a connection to the natural world.
- We offer a intergenerational program to Kindergarten aged children which sees them visiting Torbay, a local aged care facility.
- Indigenous culture is embedded in our programs by sharing many experiences with local Elder, Aunty Karen.
- The opportunity to experience a genuine childhood!
- We believe that every family that utilizes our service matters, whether it is one day a week or 5 days a week. We see Bayside Early Learners as one big family and that we are an extension from the child’s home environment.